She's from All Cheerleaders Die, I Survived a Zombie Holocaust, GPTV, and Shortland Street.
Not selected (USA)
#1 Movie of All-Time
KING Of All Schmoes
Urban Legend, Valentine, Long Weekend, Storm Warning
Urban Legend is a 90's horror classic and Valentine is one of my favorite slashers.
This was a really in-depth and fantastic interview that you can read here. Or you can check out the quotes and best bits I've highlighted below:
- "‘I haven’t had great experiences in Hollywood so far,’ she frowns.
‘Maybe I don’t fit in there. It can be quite intimidating."
- Gemma was born with polydactyly, meaning she had six fingers on each hand. It's genetic and they were fixed when she was a day old.
- "I don’t really enjoy fame,’ she confesses. I know I should enjoy it more because a lot of people want to be famous, but I don’t really like it."
- "Quantum Of Solace put me on the filming map. I never thought I’d be a Bond Girl. Although it was the only film that, when I got the part, my parents were really excited. Usually they say, “Oh, you go the part, that’s cool,” but with Bond they were thrilled. High fives all round."
- When she was 19 she ran the singalong nights at a London pub, called Honest Dave’s Karaoke Bar.
- Her mother’s grandmother was a German Jewish violinist, but her mum was a punk and her second uncle is Eric Goulden, better known as Wreckless Eric, notable for the 1977 Stiff Records single (I’d Go The) Whole Wide World.
- "I was raised listening to The Damned and The Clash,’ she says. ‘I still love that music. In her teens she formed her own band, Tourniquet. I was the singer and we were punk/goth,’ she winces. It was that Marilyn Manson time. We were terrible – but I loved it."
- To star in Gemma Bovery she learned French in 6 months and has a new French boyfriend (she divorced her husband in February).
- She will star alongside Idris Elba in A Hundred Streets and says about him: "‘We’re a good match, me and Idris,’ she says. ‘He’s real – a boy from Hackney – and we’re both completely no bulls***. We speak our minds."
- She admits that she can be physically violent, when pushed. "It’s like an impulse in me. I remember a boy in Gravesend pinched my bum when I was 15 and I walloped him and said, “You’ve got no right to touch me!”
The cemetery, Old Dutch Church, and bridge are all the ones mentioned in Washington Irving's tale "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow". Irving's grave is also featured in the cemetery. I went with thatswhatshesaid, JZacc and our parents last Saturday.
You're Next, V/H/S (segment "Tape 56"), V/H/S/2 (segment "Phase I Clinical Trials"), The ABC's of Death (segment "Q Is for Quack"), The Guest, A Horrible Way to Die, Pop Skull
You're Next is one of the best modern horror films there is and the V/H/S films are both unique and entertaining. I can't wait to see The Guest.