|Directed by:||Adam McKay|
|Written by:||Adam McKay, Chris Henchy|
|Cast:||Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Samuel L. Jackson, Dwayne Johnson, Eva Mendes, Steve Coogan, Michael Keaton, Ray Stevenson, Rob Riggle, Damon Wayans, Jr., Lindsay Sloane|
OH BOY , another Buddy Cop flick . This time Forensic Accountant Ferrell , and newly appointed Detective Wahlberg , attempt to shed the MORON label they've been tagged with , and bring down the shady Steve Coogan .
While the Film is textbook genre fare , it does hold some amusing moments , and with Eva Mendes joining the proceedings , it manages to hold our attention , however tenuous that hold may be .
- Wahlberg continues to impress , a natural fit here .
- despite playing the same doofus character he seems to only be capable of , Ferrell does manage to amuse occasionally .
- Mendes looks absolutely gorgeous . Well that's not surprising , you're probably thinking . Mendes looks GORGEOUS HERE . No doubt about it , never looked better , and she pulls out a genuine , very cool performance .
- Cameos by Dwayne '' THE ROCK '' Johnson , and Sam L. Jackson , as obnoxious hot shot cops , are outstanding .
- Ferrell's REALLY got to expand his range , it's getting ridiculous .
- Textbook proceedings , highly predictable and really tedious at times .
- cardboard characters
- under utilized Mendes , Keaton
- sloppy , lazy finish
'' THE OTHER GUYS '' comes nowhere close to offering anything new to the proceedings , and becomes infuriatingly tedious and predictable . But Wahlberg holds his own , Mendes looks UNBELIEVABLE , and some chuckles do come care of Ferrell , though nowhere near to what we should have received . Not a bad time waster , but it won't win many new fans .