New Jersey (USA)
#1 Movie of All-Time
#1 Movie Character
KING Of All Schmoes
"This isn't gonna load.. this isn't gonna work"
"OH MY GOD"
"IT'S WORKING.. IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!"
"Holy shit.. that voice.. it's demonic, it has purpose, it's everything I wanted Thanos' voice to be and this could be the first BIG BAD of the MCU"
- These images of an angry crowd seem like the start of Civil War no? The people revolting against superheroes, splitting the general public.. forcing them into registration. This has to be some kind of connection
"THERE'S MY MAN HAWKEYE!"
"I'VE GOT NO STRINGS? Seriously - how perfectly haunting of a song can you get?"
- It looks like Ultron just picked up Iron Patriot's armor and smashed it to pieces in front of them in.. the Avengers tower? I think? It has to be. Interesting that Ultron would be buried somewhere in the closet of The Avengers tower all tied up and ready for war.
"Thor choking Tony already seems to have given us our first look at a drawn line in Civil War. I'm thinking Thor sides with Cap over that one and Banner is the one who might sit it out. In the comics Doctor Strange goes on a hunger strike to protest the battle but maybe they use Banner instead? He seems sort of internally fucked up in this movie - lonely, sitting by himself, concerned and broken. Is he forgetting how to control The Hulk? Is he losing his ability to harness the rage? If Tony has to literally build a suit to stop him then I think he does. Could the Hulk be a wildcard in this movie? Who knows - it seems like that would be a retread of what Loki tried to do with the monster but this is just my mind vomiting at the moment"
- HEY ANDY SERKIS!!! I FORGOT HE WAS IN THIS! NICE!
"Yup, that confirms Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch starting out with Ultron and slowly turning against him. I'm guessing he uses them as a crutch and convinces them the rest of humanity feels the same way these scientists do - that they're afraid of them, that they fear them. It'll help them become corrupted since they're broken and angry and need someone to blame.. so they follow Ultron before something happens. Is it a death? It could be - it seems like Scarlett Witch is very broken up about something."
The Hulk and Black Widow touching each other when he's in his HULK form is something that might counter what I previously stated - but it's something that's nice to see. This carries over their relationship from the first movie or at least the moments they had together.. she was trying to talk him through his transformation on the hellicarrier and here they are, a full 4 movies later bridging that gap.
- There's a lot of soldiers and battleships here - will this movie ALREADY BE THE START OF CIVIL WAR? Are the Avengers going to be under attack by humans halfway through? It looks like Hawkeye is running through the woods getting attacked by bombs and machine-gun fire from soldiers - not Ultron or his robots. Perhaps the ending is closer to Civil War then we thought - that's the vibe I'm getting right now.
"WHOA SCARLETT WITCH LOOKING FIERCE"
"BLACK WIDOW DROPPING OUT OF A HELICOPTER?! BOSS"
- "Now I'm free... there are no strings on me"
OK, my first thoughts are that this is going much darker and more gritty then I ever would've imagined for The Avengers and I LOVE THAT. They literally carried over the tone from The Winter Soldier in that trailer and for that this gets me even more excited. I think the events in The Winter Soldier were a cataclysmic event that kick-started AN ENTIRELY NEW MCU and you can see the rippling effects already in Age of Ultron. The stakes have been raised, the death is real, the drama is real and shit is actually going down.. This movie needed to bring that sort of vibe and yes it's only a 110 second long trailer but I totally felt it.
Would watch again
//watched it 8 times already