- WHAT IS MOVIE FAN CENTRAL?
- HOW DO I JOIN?
- WHAT'S INCLUDED IN MY FREE MEMBERSHIP?
- HOW DO YOU RANK MEMBERS?
- DO YOU HAVE ANY RULES/GUIDELINES?
- WHERE IS MY PROFILE PAGE?
- WHAT ARE COMMUNITY LISTS?
- HOW DO I BECOME FRIENDS WITH ANOTHER MEMBER?
- HOW DO I UPDATE MY PERSONAL INFO PAGE?
- HOW DO I UPDATE MY PROFILE PAGE?
- HOW DO I UPDATE MY STATUS UPDATE?
- HOW DO I POST A BLOG TO MY PROFILE?
- HOW DO I POST A REVIEW TO MY PROFILE?
- HOW DO I UPLOAD AN IMAGE(S) TO MY PROFILE?
- HOW DO I CHOOSE/UPDATE MY PROFILE PIC?
- HOW DO I CHOOSE/CHANGE THE "FAVORITE PIC" ON MY PROFILE PAGE?
- HOW DO I UPLOAD A VIDEO(S) TO MY PROFILE?
- HOW DO I ADD A "TOP 10" or "COMMUNITY LIST" TO MY PROFILE?
- HOW DO I UPLOAD MY DVD COLLECTION TO MY PROFILE?
- WHY CAN'T I ENTER A REVIEW FOR [enter name of film here]?
- HOW DO I ENTER MORE THAN 1 DVD AT A TIME TO MY DVD COLLECTION?
- HOW DO I CHOOSE MY "TOP FRIENDS"?
- HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE "FRIEND" REQUEST?
- HOW DO I REMOVE SOMEONE FROM MY "LATEST ACTIVITY" SECTION?
- HOW DO I SWITCH THE "THEME" ON MY MFC PROFILE?
- COOL STUFF YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT:
- HOW DO I FIND JOBLO.COM STAFF MEMBERS TO BEFRIEND?
- HOW DO I ADD A MOVIE QUOTE TO MY PROFILE?
- HOW DO I SEE ALL MFC ACTIVITY FROM MINUTE-TO-MINUTE?
- HOW DO I UPDATE THE RSS NEWSFEEDS ON MY PROFILE?
- HOW COULD I TELL WHO ELSE HAS THE SAME DVD AS I DO?
- HOW COULD I SEE OTHER MEMBER REVIEWS OF FILMS I'VE REVIEWED?
- REPORTING/CONTACTING US:
- A Movie Fan Central profile page (example: JoBlo's own profile page which includes the ability to post blogs, movie reviews, upload images, videos, your DVD collection, stay in touch with friends, post comments on other profiles, create top 10 lists, update your status, "skin" your profile with various movie themes and more!
- The ability to post and talk movies in our MFC discussion forums
- The ability to "Strike Back" across any of the sites in our JoBlo Movie Network
- The ability to participate in our annual Golden Schmoes nominations process.
- A free monthly JoBlo.com newsletter
- Automatic entry into our JoBlo.com contests (over $30,000 worth of prizes given out so far)
- ADD CAPTIONS to your images, by clicking on EDIT next to the picture in question
- DELETE the picture(s) you want by clicking on DELETE next to the picture in question
- MAKE DEFAULT: By clicking on MAKE DEFAULT next to the picture you want, the picture will become your DEFAULT PROFILE PIC
- MAKE FAVORITE PIC: Every member has a section in their left-column called FAVORITE PIC. To choose an image for that area, click on MAKE FAVORITE next to the picture of your choice, and it will become your FAVORITE PIC.
- Click WISHLIST in order to add the title to your WISHLIST, as opposed to your actual DVD COLLECTION (this would be for DVDs you want to get in the future)
- Choose to provide the DVD/film with a rating out of 10 (although this is optional)
- Choose either STANDARD or BLU-RAY for your choice. If you leave it "as is", it will be saved as a standard DVD to your collection.
- All of your CURRENT friends
- All of your TOP friends
- All of your own FRIEND REQUESTS
- And all of your INCOMING FRIEND REQUESTS
- COOL STUFF YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT
- REPORTING/CONTACTING US
INFANT SCHMOE: 0-49 posts
JUNIOR SCHMOE: 50-249 posts
SENIOR SCHMOE: 250-999 posts
SUPER SCHMOE: 1,000-9,999 posts
KING OF ALL SCHMOES: 10,000+ posts DO YOU HAVE ANY RULES/GUIDELINES? Most definitely! We do not allow hateful messages, racism, homophobic crap, nudity, threats or otherwise violations of any laws whatsoever. No direct insults among members either. We also reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread/comment for any reason, and ban people who are acting like pricks. You know who you are... ;) In other words, if you're a cool person with good judgment, you'll stick around for the long run. If you'd rather insult people, not make a lot of sense and just be an all-around troll...you'll get bounced pretty quickly. WHERE IS MY PROFILE PAGE? Once accepted into Movie Fan Central, you will be sent an activation email which you need to activate (please make sure it doesn't end up in your SPAM/FILTER folder), so that your account will become active. Everyone's Profile Page website address is written the same way: www.moviefancentral.com/YOURUSERNAME. For example, JoBlo's MFC profile page is: www.moviefancentral.com/joblo. WHAT ARE COMMUNITY LISTS? The Movie Fan Central COMMUNITY LISTS are the aggregate TOP 20 LISTS of all participating MFC members, each of whom have the ability to create their own personal COMMUNITY LISTS ("How do I add a 'Community List' to my profile?" featuring different categories like FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL-TIME or FAVORITE DIRECTOR, and all of which, when averaged out, will result in the MFC COMMUNITY LISTS which you can see HERE. The lists are continually updated as members update their own lists and the mechanics behind the process can be read about HERE. HOW DO I BECOME FRIENDS WITH ANOTHER MEMBER? When you're on someone's profile page, look at the top right hand side section of their page, right above the # of posts and you'll notice a link that says ADD AS FRIEND, which looks an awful lot like this... Click on ADD AS FRIEND, and you will be given the option of entering a MESSAGE to that member (the message is optional) and then to click on SUBMIT. That's about it. After that, you just wait for that member to "be-friend" you on their end. Once someone is your friend, you will automatically see their MFC activities on your HOME page. ("How do I remove someone from my latest activity section?") You can see all of your own outstanding FRIEND REQUESTS by clicking on the FRIENDS button, and checking out your REQUESTED FRIENDS section. You can always REMOVE your request from that page as well, by clicking on CANCEL under the member's username.
Once done, click on SUBMIT and you've posted a blog to your profile.
Optional: You can also add TAGS to your blog which are keywords that could help to identify your blog, or add an IMAGE to your blog by clicking on BROWSE and uploading the image you wanted. HOW DO I POST A REVIEW TO MY PROFILE? Posting a review to your profile is pretty simple. From the QUICK POST menu, click on REVIEW and this opens up... From here, enter the title of your film. Please note that the MFC might offer you different options when entering the title of your film. Choose the film from the list, so that we can add all of the related info to your review without any assistance from you (the film's poster, cast info and link to its official site will be added by the MFC automatically). Not all movies are currently in our database ("Why can't I enter a review for [enter a name of a film here]").
Next, select a rating for the film from 0-10/10 from the drop-down menu on the right.
After that, enter the plot of the movie into the section called PLOT.
Finally, enter your review in the section marked REVIEW.
Once done, click on SUBMIT and you've posted a review to your profile!
Optional: It's to note that some HTML code works in the review, so to BOLD a word enter before the word(s) you want to bold and at the end of the word. Replace "b" by "i" for the word(s) to become italicized and replace "b" by "u" if you want the word(s) to be underlined.
Optional: You can also add an IMAGE to your review by clicking on BROWSE and uploading the image you wanted. Remember that the poster image at the top of your review is entered automatically by the MFC. HOW DO I UPLOAD AN IMAGE(S) TO MY PROFILE? Posting an image to your profile is very simple. From the QUICK POST menu, click on IMAGE and this opens up... From here, you can upload as many pictures as you want to your profile (try not to upload pictures that are too big though) by clicking on BROWSE and nabbing the pictures from your own computer. By choosing the TYPE of picture from the drop-down menu at the top of this section, you can file them into different folders of your profile.
Once you've chosen 1-to-3 images to upload at a time, click on SUBMIT and your pictures are uploaded to your profile. Right after the upload, you'll be taken to your MANAGE IMAGES page... From this section, you can:
Note: Currently, we don't support all video sites, but the following sites are supported on the MFC: JoBlo Videos, Yahoo!, Google, YouTube, GameSpot, GameTrailers, FunnyOrDie, Vimeo and Joost. HOW DO I ADD A "TOP 10" or "COMMUNITY LIST" TO MY PROFILE? Entering your own top 10 list to your profile is simple. From the QUICK POST menu, click on TOP 10 and this opens up... From here, you can click on either:
CREATE A NEW LIST: This will allow you to post your own TOP 10 list, with whatever title you want, etc...
EDIT YOUR COMMUNITY LISTS: This will allow you to post your own COMMUNITY LISTS, which are 15 movie categories chosen by Movie Fan Central, and which will help others get to know your movie tastes better. Your picks will also be counted toward our MFC Community Lists.
If you click on CREATE A NEW LIST, this page will open up... To enter your own TOP 10 list here, enter a title for your list (example: Top 10 favorite hotties, Top 15 worst directors, etc...), then enter the picks in your list.
Once done, click on SUBMIT and you've posted a TOP 10 LIST to your profile!
Optional: You can add more items to your list (more than 10 picks) by clicking on ADD MORE ITEMS near the bottom.
Optional: You can also add an IMAGE to your list by clicking on BROWSE and uploading the image you wanted.
If you click on EDIT YOUR COMMUNITY LISTS, this page will open up... From the drop-down menu, choose which community list you want to edit, including Favorite Movie of All-time, Favorite Comedy/Sci-Fi/Horror/Action, Favorite Actor/Actress/Director/Hottie and others.
Once you choose a list, you can easily enter/edit your picks and click on SUBMIT. Repeat for all/any category lists you want to complete at any time. HOW DO I UPLOAD MY DVD COLLECTION TO MY PROFILE? Uploading your DVD COLLECTION to your MFC profile is fairly simple. From the QUICK POST menu, click on DVD and this opens up... From here, enter the title of the DVD you want to add to your collection. The MFC will automatically offer you several options for your entry, like below... From the list, choose the title you're referring to and see the DVD cover displayed to you, as per below... Once you've chosen the correct title, you can either (all 3 items below are optional):
To edit them afterwards, go to your MY DVDS section and choose EDIT under any DVD that you want to edit (i.e. if you want to give them a RATING or choose them as a Blu-Ray). HOW DO I CHOOSE MY "TOP FRIENDS"? Click on the FRIENDS button at the top of the site. Then scroll down to your CURRENT FRIENDS section, where you'll see all of your friends listed as such... From there, just click on MAKE TOP for any friend that you want to add to your TOP FRIENDS section. Your TOP FRIENDS section can only accommodate 12 friends at the same time. You can always remove/edit your TOP FRIENDS whenever you want. Just like in real life. HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE "FRIEND" REQUEST? When you log-in to your MFC HOME page, you will see a link at the top right hand side that shows the number of members who have asked you to become their friend, such as this... Click on the FRIEND REQUESTS LINK and you're taken to your INCOMING FRIEND REQUESTS page, where you can either ACCEPT/DECLINE the member's request to be your friend. If you decline their invite, they will not receive notice of your rejection. Sweet. You can also see all of your INCOMING FRIEND REQUESTS by clicking on the FRIENDS button at the top of the site. On that page, you will also see:
If you still want to remain friends, but don't want to see their UPDATES on your HOME page, click on ACCOUNT SETTINGS near the top right hand side of any MFC page, and uncheck anyone you don't want excluded from your friends' latest activity feed. HOW DO I SWITCH THE "THEME" ON MY MFC PROFILE? When you first sign on to your MFC profile, your page will have a "default" theme which isn't related to any specific movie. In order to spruce up your page, you can choose a 'movie theme' to "skin" your profile, by clicking on THEMES near the top right hand side of any page on the MFC, and then choosing whichever theme you want applied to your profile.
The THEME you choose will only be shown in your PROFILE pages, nowhere else on the site. You can change your THEMES at anytime (takes 2 seconds), and we will continue to be adding themes to the MFC frequently. "How do I suggest a 'movie theme' to Movie Fan Central?".
You can also see all of your FRIENDS' latest activity by clicking on your HOME button ("How do I remove someone from my 'Latest Activity' section") – HYPERLINK TO ITEM IN THIS FAQ). HOW DO I UPDATE THE RSS NEWSFEEDS ON MY PROFILE? In order to update the JoBlo Movie Network newsfeeds on the left column of your HOME page, click on the UPDATE NEWS FEEDS on your HOME section... ...and choose what newsfeeds from the JMN you want shown on the left-hand side column... You can also choose the order in which they're shown on your page by DRAGGING them up/down yourself... In future editions of Movie Fan Central, we will allow folks to add their own RSS feeds from other sites as well. HOW COULD I TELL WHO ELSE HAS THE SAME DVD AS I DO? Click on the MY DVDS button on your own profile page, then click on the TITLE of the DVD, and you'll be sent to a results page, which would look like this (example: for the FIGHT CLUB DVD)... On this page, you can see the # of members who have the same DVD as you do, the breakdown of DVDs-to-Blu-Rays of that disc, the average rating given to the film by those who have given it a rating in their respective profiles, as well as a breakdown of each member's personal rating, if chosen. You can also click to BUY THE DVD NOW from Amazon.com to purchase the DVD. HOW COULD I SEE OTHER MEMBER REVIEWS OF FILMS I'VE REVIEWED? Click on the REVIEWS button on your own profile page. Under each of your reviews, there should be a section called OTHER REVIEWS OF THIS FILM, which looks like this... If the section above isn't shown, it's because nobody else on the MFC has reviewed that film.
If you click on DISPLAY ALL, you will be shown all other members' reviews of the same film you reviewed, like so...