now I'm not the biggest WWE fan anymore, I used to like it but eventually grew away from it just as all the big stars started to leave (Rock, Stone Cold, even Lesnar, etc. although some of them popped up now and again but they weren't regulars like they used to be anymore) but I started to catch a few episodes of the shows recently and this year's Wrestlemania seemed like a fun time to dip back into the whole WWE universe.
+ Triple H vs. Undertaker was easily the most entertaining match of the night, HHH slamming that chair on Taker's back 6 or 7 times in a row was fantastic (though honestly, what the hell was the point of it being a cage match?! just to make it harder to see for the crowd?)
+ Edge's moment during the Hall of Fame lineup, that was pretty cool and genuine, and you couldn't help but feel for the guy
+ seeing Jericho and The Rock back in action (I would've preferred Jericho won, but he's the 'bad guy' so I get it)
+ Big Show turning the tables and embarrassing the guy that was making fun of him. Big Show's still a cheesy wrestler and not the most believable at times, but he's fun and it's good to see him get a little redemption, no matter how unpolished it was. The assface was worth it alone.
- more predictable than the Oscars? Sure seems like it... of course CM Punk won and of course The Rock won. The WWE kind of told us the winner of the Rock/Cena match when they announced it would take place in Miami. Cena should've definitely won that when he caught the Rock at the end, that was incredible... instead he comes out of that, gives Cena a silly Rock Bottom that was no where near as impressive as what Cena just did and then Rock pins him for the win... come on. Also disappointed it just ended right like that, at the very least I was hoping Rock would shake Cena's hand and stop being a dick, showing some respect finally (even if it were just like the Rock/Hogan thing). That would've actually made the match even more memorable, instead nothing, and the match just feels 'good' instead of great, fantastic or 'one of the best of all time'. Cena gets treated like a piece of shit and the WWE seems content on continuing that, it's just lame.
- that Funk guy... what the fuck was that bullshit? Wow, seriously? Not only was it incredibly lame but pretty offensive with it's African-American stereotypes
- the horrible band/performance before Cena's entrance... although at least it wasn't as bad as Flo Rida's performance before Rock's entrance... seriously, what the hell is this?! Why!
- everything and anything that had to do with the Diva's match. Even the one who's supposed to actually be a good wrestler couldn't manage to entertain, just bad stuff. Borrrrring.
- the Sheamus match... alright uh... congratulations WWE(?) at least that wasn't predictable... too bad it was incredibly lame. That's the kind of bullshit we get on the FREE tv shows (like the Kane vs. Big Show match recently) come on!
- some of the segments were VERY lame and it just didn't make sense. Some of the segments on the TV series are WAY more entertaining and even more believable (CM Punk's angry staredown moment with the new GM guy was laughably bad) and I mean really... what the hell was that embarrassingly bad Deadliest Catch bit with Mick Foley and Santino? The hell?!
It was a disappointment, but not a total disaster. I know you can't really count this as a negative so I won't, but what happened to all those rumours? Next time there are rumours that sound great can SOMEONE tell the WWE about them? Brock Lesnar showing up? How about the Kharma chick showing up and actually making that Divas match worthwhile? God dammit what happened to Shaq showing up. Sure that one sounded silly anyway, but it wouldn't have been as horrible as all the extra junk the WWE jammed in there instead.
All in all the lineup was absolutely fantastic. Even just Jericho/CM Punk, HHH/Undertaker and Cena/Rock alone... unfortunately few of the matches actually held up to their promise and most of the matches fell flat, though there were a couple good ones (Cena/Rock and Jericho/CM Punk) and one that was great (HHH/Undertaker).